Thanks to documenting all the changes, I was able to restore the site them off the Amphibious theme as I did last year. There’s still some things to adjust. No files on the server were modified, it was just this bizarre index.html.
Last night I tried to come on here to write a post about something. What I found is my website was loading some russian piece of shit. I checked to make sure the domain hadn’t gotten hijacked. In fact, everything but my main page worked. I started checking my files and server config. Everything was fine. I scrolled through my auth log, nothing really showed. Was it the theme? Its possible it could have been updated with rogue CSS I missed that was still on a CDN. For some reason, I had an index.html I shouldn’t have. I have no clue how it got there. File modify date matched one of my logins. I either accidently copied it over or someone got in anothet way I can’t see. I will get the original theme back up and things back to normal.
So it’s…been a couple of months. That’s pretty much what everyone can say about the last year…it’s been…a while. Good news is we’re maybe, slowly, getting back to normal? I’ve totally neglected writing any kind of update in the last few months; and while not much has actually happened….enough has happened that rather than try to write some nice summary introduction; we’re just going to jump right in to things.
In case you’ve never used Foobar2000, it’s actually quite the program. I remember when Peter released it in an IRC room like…20 years ago. It was very unique among players at the time in that it’s UI design was pretty basic, even by the day’s standards. But one of the crazier things is it’s internal scripting for “title formatting”. A rather robust set of commands for getting information, formatting it, doing logic operations, math, and almost everything a basic programming language does. I’ve played it with it rarely, but I dove in to it last night. My goal? I wanted something to output the file length in 75fps “Redbook” timecode.
I supposed it’s time for at least my monthly update. Christmas was a thing that happened…New Years….the apparent downfall of society had it’s season premiere. My back continued to improve far too slowly; and I’ve been playing more Forza Horizon 4 and GTAV than I should admit to. I also had to take IPv6 off my network.
Last thing I wrote about…briefly, was my the smartwatch. That’s not the only new piece of hardware I’ve picked up. I finally bought another computer to replace the one I lost last year; but since my back is still being an asshole…I went with a laptop. A gaming laptop. And my back is being a major asshat right now.
I hurt; and I mean an extreme amount of severe pain. I “fixed” the imagehost, but not really. And other stuff.