I’ve made no attempt to hide my disdain for crypto and NFT’s. While the idea is clear on paper, it’s still in my book a scam. From the behavior of crypto-bros, the tax-dodging, and the fact it’s used by countries to get around international monetary sanctions by providing a path to launder/hide money; it’s clear that none of this has any positive effect. If anything, it has only brought the worst out. Ransomware that attacks our critical infrastructure and facilities….all demand payout in crypto. Most of the people selling NFT’s are just trying to scam people. That’s why this post pains me.
I’m slowly working on stuff like random typos, getting some actual content up, ditching stuff like the embedded Twitter I never use anymore, and updating menus to reflect the fact I host a Git now. But instead of doing that…or working for a living…I went to the Dayton Hamvention. I got too much sun, too little sleep, too much caffeine, and hauled home an HF linear amplifier.
The server move has been completed. Thanks to everyone involved. Everything appears to be 100% functional. DNS propagation is on your resolvers.
I recently received word from my host that they are discontinuing VPS services. I’ve already made plans for a replacement and if all goes well, you won’t notice a thing. I do want to thank the current provider for the outstanding service and plenty of notice.
Thanks to documenting all the changes, I was able to restore the site them off the Amphibious theme as I did last year. There’s still some things to adjust. No files on the server were modified, it was just this bizarre index.html.
Last night I tried to come on here to write a post about something. What I found is my website was loading some russian piece of shit. I checked to make sure the domain hadn’t gotten hijacked. In fact, everything but my main page worked. I started checking my files and server config. Everything was fine. I scrolled through my auth log, nothing really showed. Was it the theme? Its possible it could have been updated with rogue CSS I missed that was still on a CDN. For some reason, I had an index.html I shouldn’t have. I have no clue how it got there. File modify date matched one of my logins. I either accidently copied it over or someone got in anothet way I can’t see. I will get the original theme back up and things back to normal.
So it’s…been a couple of months. That’s pretty much what everyone can say about the last year…it’s been…a while. Good news is we’re maybe, slowly, getting back to normal? I’ve totally neglected writing any kind of update in the last few months; and while not much has actually happened….enough has happened that rather than try to write some nice summary introduction; we’re just going to jump right in to things.
In case you’ve never used Foobar2000, it’s actually quite the program. I remember when Peter released it in an IRC room like…20 years ago. It was very unique among players at the time in that it’s UI design was pretty basic, even by the day’s standards. But one of the crazier things is it’s internal scripting for “title formatting”. A rather robust set of commands for getting information, formatting it, doing logic operations, math, and almost everything a basic programming language does. I’ve played it with it rarely, but I dove in to it last night. My goal? I wanted something to output the file length in 75fps “Redbook” timecode.
I supposed it’s time for at least my monthly update. Christmas was a thing that happened…New Years….the apparent downfall of society had it’s season premiere. My back continued to improve far too slowly; and I’ve been playing more Forza Horizon 4 and GTAV than I should admit to. I also had to take IPv6 off my network.
Last thing I wrote about…briefly, was my the smartwatch. That’s not the only new piece of hardware I’ve picked up. I finally bought another computer to replace the one I lost last year; but since my back is still being an asshole…I went with a laptop. A gaming laptop. And my back is being a major asshat right now.